Workshops for Leaders
Coaching Skills for People Leaders
This workshop is designed to help you conduct and integrate effective coaching discussions with team members in order to support ongoing professional growth and development. Topics to be covered include:
- Identifying key characteristics of successful coaching
- How to create trust and foster productive conversations
- Coaching skills and competencies such as establishing boundaries, challenging assumptions, and getting buy-in
- Active listening to understand what’s being communicated and why it’s important to the other person
- How to adapt your coaching style to individual preferences and circumstances
This workshop is designed to help you incorporate daily practices that will nurture a high-functioning team and address “issues” before they become issues in actuality. Topics to be covered include:
- Setting clear and objective expectations
- Building rapport and relationships with team members
- Giving positive and critical feedback
- Conflict management
- Maintaining motivation
Conflict Management & Resolution
This workshop is designed to help you recognize the causes and value of conflict, when it can benefit the organization and when it is detrimental, and how to manage and resolve it to move those involved forward. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Change their perspective on conflict so conflict is addressed immediately and misunderstandings are not left to fester
- Develop deep listening skills that allow another to be heard and understood
- Learn 5 steps for a calm and productive conversation to resolve conflict
- Learn how to craft clear and concise expectations to mitigate future conflict
- Develop a personal action plan to deal with conflict in future situations
Your Stress Personalities & How to Use Them to Your Advantage
This workshop is designed to help you discover how to identify your own default stress personality traits and how to choose differently if your default is not working for you. Learn how to consciously choose how you respond to the world around you. Let’s face it, life happens. But rather than being at its mercy you can learn to use what comes at you to your advantage. Topics to be covered include:
- Understanding why and how stress gets triggered
- Common stress “personalities” and how to identify which ones you default into
- Practices that will give you mastery over your stress response
- Identifying another’s stress response so you can guide them out of it
Utilize Your Time to Leverage Leadership Opportunities
Have you and your team wished you could clone yourselves so multiple versions of you could divide and conquer the task list? Have you also had the fantasy of time freezing, and you get all caught up while the world stands still? Imagine you were gifted an extra hour in your day. How would you spend it? How would you spend an extra day in your week? If you’re feeling like there isn’t enough time to do everything you want to or need to be doing, this is the workshop for you! Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to manage yourself so that you are more productive in the time you have.
- Gain time-saving strategies that will create more white space on your calendar.
- Identify your “superpowers” and “kryptonite” so that you can lean into your strengths and avoid time-wasting tasks.
Creating Goals that are Worthy of You
The word GOAL can be intimidating or a turnoff for you if you’ve experienced failure in the past or if you’ve achieved a string of goals that were “no big deal” – unfulfilling. In this workshop we toss out the old arbitrary formula for setting goals and create goals that not only represent who you are and the life you want to live, they will guide you to let go of who you are not and old patterns that do not work for you as you strive for a goal (or several). Participants of this workshop will:
- Explore what has worked and not worked in the past
- Create goals that are what they want for themselves, and not cookie-cutter goals that don’t make sense
- Learn how to leverage their strengths to achieve their goals quicker and more effectively
- Create a way to track their progress to sustain momentum
- Identify who they need to be to achieve your goals (missing from most goal setting systems and yet so crucial to success!)
Hear what others are saying about Jodi
Jodi is really good at what she does. She listened to what my organization was experiencing and quickly picked up on what the need and solution were for our training.
President/CEO, Trademark Federal Credit Union
I wish we had more time with Jodi. The members LOVED her workshop and wanted more time with her. This was clearly a topic our members needed to discuss and I’m so appreciative that Jodi was able to facilitate this important conversation.
President, The Junior League of Portland, Maine
I appreciated the time Jodi put in to understand our organization to customize the training to fit the specific needs of FLIR Systems. Jodi’s delivery and facilitation skills were excellent and fit well with a diverse work force – from senior managers to folks who are on a manufacturing floor. Her ability to get a diverse group to work together, to gain the respect and trust of such a wide range of employees was impressive. The annual reviews are showing that communication competency skills have improved to the point that this is no longer an issue that needs to be addressed in future training.
Sr. Director, Talent Development, FLIR Systems
Jodi led a workshop with our Junior League of Portland members on Your Stress Personalities and How to Use Them to Your Advantage. Jodi took the time to really understand our organization, and we felt like the content was made just for us! This was a high-quality workshop and Jodi is a thoughtful, engaging speaker. Our members raved about Jodi’s training and had actionable takeaways from the workshop they could implement in their work and volunteer lives. I highly recommend Jodi as a great trainer, speaker and workshop leader. We would hire her again!