I N T R O D U C T I O N
Women Taking the Lead was hired to work with Tanja Dysli approximately 8 months after she had received a promotion. It was four months into the pandemic and she reported feeling “all over the place in a state of confusion, and frustrated.” The boundaries between work and home were blurred and self-care was nearly nonexistent.
Tanja was already being groomed for another promotion but expressed a disinterest in it. Her current role was presenting more challenges and requiring more personal sacrifice than expected. Though she was the ideal candidate, another career opportunity was seen as a threat rather than an opportunity.
O B J E C T I V E S
Partnering with Tanja, three goals were identified:
- Gain more understanding of her own personality, communication style and preferences.
- Reduce stress, be more calm, patient, and relaxed.
- Find a way to be successful without compromising herself.
S O L U T I O N S
O U T C O M E S
Through the nine-month program Tanja…
- Conveyed greater trust in her team.
- Delegated meeting assignments.
- Granted her team more decision-making power.
- Found more opportunities to showcase their work (they received company-wide recognition for their initiatives during the pandemic).
- Has strengthened her relationships with her colleagues and received higher marks on her annual performance review, and approval to continue working with a coach to prepare her for an eventual promotion in the next few years, which she is more open to considering.
Want a Printable Version of this Study?
Download a PDF Version of this Client Case Study Here: