009: Letting Your Light Shine Brightly with Carol Hess
Carol Hess is passionate about two things – the power of words and the empowerment of women. After 30 years in the communications industry putting the power of words to work as a writer and editor, it was time to make a shift. Carol founded Star Polisher, an online and Maine-based business that offers workshops, private coaching, and group retreats designed to encourage and inspire women to play big and shine.
Playing Small Moment
• Carol lived her early years as a people-pleaser and went along with many of the suggestions of the people around her and thus was living a life that wasn’t suited to who she really is.
The Wake Up Call
• After an injury Carol had to spend a lot time sitting still to recover. This left her with a lot of time to think and she realized she was continuing to accept second best in her work.
Style of Leadership
• Being as authentic and transparent as she can be, being a strategic visionary and always looks for the gifts and talents in others and reflects it back to them.
What Are You Excited About?
• Carol will be offering a course to educators this summer to help them to, after a year of developing the greatness in their students, focus on themselves and the development of their own greatness.
• Carol hires a coach to help her in her own development.
Book to Develop Leadership
• The Fire Starter Sessions by Danielle LaPorte
Favorite Healthy Food
• Green Lemonade: 2 tbls. organic bottled lemon juice, 2 tbls. chlorophyll, water, Stevia to sweeten. Shake and pour over ice.
What Would You Change?
• Carol would do two things. She would trust her gut instinct more and light up; enjoy, love and play.
• “This I know to be true. We are craving to play bigger, to go deeper, to shine.” ~ Danielle LaPorte