Former award-winning corporate manager, public advocate and home schooling mom, Maura is enjoying her Third Act as cultural journalist for the 21st century. A Boston College graduate and world traveler who has pioneered her own path to success, Maura is an author, podcaster and Huffington Post contributor inspiring others to “Live Happy – Inside Out.”
Playing Small Moment
• When Maura was offered a manger position in sales she tried to turn it down because she didn’t think she would be good at it. It turned out she was wrong and her boss knew better.
The Wake Up Call
• When a managers position could have potentially been given to another Maura found herself passionately making the case for why the position should be hers. Suddenly she realized she had let go of the self-doubt and could go after what she wanted.
Style of Leadership
• Collaborative, collective and works with a team mission. Everyone has a vital role in the overall mission and is valued.
What Are You Excited About?
• Maura is planning a month-long trip to the Balkans where she will be addressing a university group involved in business studies and psychology, and addressing an international business conference in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
• Conviction. Maura believes in her words because she lives them.
Book to Develop Leadership
• Business Success Through Self Knowledge by William D. Anton, PhD
Favorite Healthy Food
8 – 12 oz of Orange Juice (add more or less or dilute with ice or water to taste)
Frozen Blueberries (sometimes alternate with cherries, blackberries and raspberries)
NOTE: As a green bonus, add a fresh leaf or two of kale. It’s a green smoothie that maintains a fruity taste.
What Would You Change?
• Maura would skip Law school and gone for a degree in foreign relations.
• Leadership is not about titles, positions or flow charts. It’s about one life influencing another. ~ John C. Maxwell
• Competition from the Art of Happiness books – email Maura and she will send you a free PDF