010: Maura Sweeney Enlightens Us on the Art of Happiness
Former award-winning corporate manager, public advocate and home schooling mom, Maura is enjoying her Third Act as cultural journalist for the 21st century. A Boston College graduate and world traveler who has pioneered her own path to success, Maura is an author, podcaster and Huffington Post contributor inspiring others to “Live Happy – Inside Out.”
Click to tweet: .@maura4u shares her story to inspire you on Women Taking the Lead! Listen here: www.womentakingthelead.com/010
Playing Small Moment
• When Maura was offered a manger position in sales she tried to turn it down because she didn’t think she would be good at it. It turned out she was wrong and her boss knew better.
The Wake Up Call
• When a managers position could have potentially been given to another Maura found herself passionately making the case for why the position should be hers. Suddenly she realized she had let go of the self-doubt and could go after what she wanted.
Style of Leadership
• Collaborative, collective and works with a team mission. Everyone has a vital role in the overall mission and is valued.
What Are You Excited About?
• Maura is planning a month-long trip to the Balkans where she will be addressing a university group involved in business studies and psychology, and addressing an international business conference in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
• Conviction. Maura believes in her words because she lives them.
Book to Develop Leadership
• Business Success Through Self Knowledge by William D. Anton, PhD
Favorite Healthy Food
8 – 12 oz of Orange Juice (add more or less or dilute with ice or water to taste)
Frozen Blueberries (sometimes alternate with cherries, blackberries and raspberries)
NOTE: As a green bonus, add a fresh leaf or two of kale. It’s a green smoothie that maintains a fruity taste.
What Would You Change?
• Maura would skip Law school and gone for a degree in foreign relations.
• Leadership is not about titles, positions or flow charts. It’s about one life influencing another. ~ John C. Maxwell
• Competition from the Art of Happiness books – email Maura and she will send you a free PDF
Leadership Operating System Quiz: Wondering what kind of Leadership traits you have? Take this FREE, FAST quiz and find out more about yourself as a Leader.
Accomplished: How to Go from Dreaming to Doing: The book containing a simple, step by step system that gives you the foundation and structure to take your goals and make them happen.
Leadership Coaching: If you interested in finding out more about my coaching process, the cost of coaching, or how to ask your employer to pay for you to work with a coach, schedule a call with me.
The Women Taking the Lead Podcast
If you enjoyed this episode, follow in Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, iHeart Radio, Stitcher Radio, Amazon Music or Pandora and never miss out!
Such an inspiring story and the quote by John Maxwell to go along with it. Thank you for sharing your story Maura and bringing it to us Jodi.
Comments are closed.