045: Chloë Thomas on Utilizing What You Do Naturally
Chloë Thomas has been working in eCommerce since 2003, learning how to increase orders, up customer retention, and manage customer service well. She is the author of 3 books, a keynote speaker, and host of the eCommerce MasterPlan Podcast. eCommerce MasterPlan is the result of years of experience, and was created to help eCommerce business people make the right decisions as they build their own path to eCommerce success.
Playing Small Moment
• When Chloë had her first book published she assumed she could not organize the printing of it and completely delegated the responsibility of the task. When she got the book in the mail she found pages upon pages of typos and errors and realized she should have had a bigger role in the publication of the book.
The Wake Up Call
• When Chloë took the Wealth Dynamics test (now called the Talent Dynamics), she discovered a lot about her personality. She is high on the Introvert scale and this realization allowed her to embrace these qualities in herself and to shape her life and her business to support her and leverage her strengths. Chloë gives a great example of how much easier life gets when you allow yourself to do what you do naturally.
Style of Leadership
• Chloë will always trust people first and if it goes wrong she helps them to make things right. She is also great at developing and putting systems in place to help the team work more efficiently together.
What Are You Excited About?
• Chloë is all about her podcast right now, the eCommerce MasterPlan Podcast. She’s also gearing up to do speaking engagements around the world this Fall.
• Making regular time for meetings with her team is a priority for Chloë. With teams that don’t sit in the same office you have to create time to come together.
Book to Develop Leadership
What Would You Change?
• Chloë would have spent more time working for other people so she could learn more about the business and about herself within the business.
• “Keep Optimizing.” ~ Chloë Thomas